It’s been a really bad start to 2016 so far for me. My son ended up getting Croup and RSV and we have had to use a nebulizer for him. I ended up in the ER due to a GI virus, which my husband also got but not as severe as mine. We are also dealing with an insurance problem. Needless to say, I’m not liking 2016 so far. Hopefully all of the bad stuff is out of the way now and we can move onto a good year ahead!
My New Year’s resolutions aren’t going to be too creative this year. In fact, it’s going to be basically a copy and paste of last year’s. I never learned Spanish last year so I am determined to this year! I’m still really bad at changing my lancet so that’s going to be another one. I majorly slacked on reading last year so I’m hoping to start back up this year. I’m not going to include any exercise goals this year because I have a feeling that now that my son is walking, I will be getting enough exercise chasing after him. But also, I’m going to keep my goal to try and walk 10,000 steps a day and hopefully that will get me in a good groove for being active. So here are my goals for the new year:
- Be Present – I want to try and use my cell phone less which really means stop checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email as much as I do now. My son is already 14 months old and he’s walking so he keeps me pretty busy so hopefully this will be an easy one!
- Read More – I don’t get a ton of free time because when my son is sleeping, I have work to do but I’m hoping I can stop watching as much TV in my free time and read more.
- Continue to Blog Regularly – Blogging helps keep a check on my diabetes and with the support I receive its a win-win. I also want to try and read more D-blogs because I have been majorly slacking recently.
- Continue to be Healthy! – This includes drinking more water (I am so bad at this), working to maintain a good A1C, changing my lancet often (!!!), walking everyday, and make new, healthy recipes (try for once a week).
- Learn Spanish – One of these years I will finally learn another language! Once my son is older, I am hoping to travel more so I need to start soon because before I know it, he will be going off to college!