My husband and I have felt like we were having a boy from the beginning. However, if you were to ask any of either of our families, everyone thought we were going to have a girl.
We had a gender reveal party with family last Friday night (after the 20 week high risk OB appointment) and nobody but the baker knew what we were having. The ultrasound tech put whether it was a boy or a girl in a card and sealed it up for us to give the baker so everyone was surprised.
I thought it was interesting to look at Old Wive’s Tales about pregnancy to see if I could predict what we were having, if it would sway what my feeling was (that it was a boy). Here are how I fell within the list:
- Carrying high-boy, carrying low-gir: I honestly don’t know right now where I am carrying because it’s not a huge bump yet
- Heart rate below 140-boy, above 140-girl: Every time we got the heart rate checked it was above 140 (except on Friday where it was 139): GIRL
- Craving sweets-girl, craving salty-boy: I have been eating a lot of Pringles chips but the past two weeks I was craving sweets BAD: GIRL
- Stealing mother’s beauty means girl, I actually haven’t found this to be the case, in fact my hair is much more fuller than normal!: BOY
- Cold feet means boy. My feet have been FREEZING!: BOY
- If the dad gains weight, it means a girl is on the way…my hubby has maybe gained a pound but nothing drastic: BOY
- Mayan tale-if you add up the mothers age at conception and the year of conception and the result is even, you will have a girl, if it is an odd number, then a boy is on the way. I was 30 and conceived in 2014 so it’s even: GIRL
- Side you most rest on, if you prefer to lay on left side it’s a boy, if you prefer right side, it’s a girl. I have been preferring my right side: GIRL
- Morning sickness-if you had none then boy, if you were sick or felt nauseous then it’s a girl: BOY
- Protein-if a woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy. I couldn’t even look at meat my first trimester: GIRL
- Increase in headaches means a boy. I haven’t really had any headaches: GIRL
There are a lot more but some of them get a little personal, like I’m not sure I should be telling you about my breasts. Anyway, you can tell there is not really a clear cut answer on what we are having. I thought all along we were having a boy but then I started craving sweets so bad the past two weeks so I started to think maybe it’s a girl. Well it turns out it’s a ….
A few more photos from the gender reveal party 🙂