OK, so I am way late with posting my New Years resolutions. I’ve had a hard time getting going this year for some reason. I dealt with high blood sugars, sickness, vacation and lots of work among other things so I’m just now getting back into the blogging world. I liked listing my goals for 2013 on my blog because it was great motivation to try and accomplish them (which I did!). I’m hoping by writing them down here, I will have the same motivation as last year. My goals are pretty similar to last year but that’s OK because I want to continue the good habits I started/maintained last year.
- Maintain an A1C Below Seven!! Now that I got there, I hope I can continue to keep it there.
- Continue to run (I’m a little burnt out from running right now but I’m trying to get back into it)
- Complete a 5k, 10k, 10 miler and half marathon (already have half marathon under my belt and have 10k and 10 miler in a few weeks)
- Walk at least 8,000 steps/day (try for 10,000); Now that I have my FitBit, I can see how much I walk and most days I am not active enough.
- Change my lancet daily!
- Use alcohol wipe every time I test (I am sometimes bad about this)
- Drink at least 3 bottles of water per day (I don’t drink nearly enough water)
- Revisit getting my CPA (been on the back burner for a little while)
- Learn Spanish (my husband and I want to try and learn one new language a year. We travel a lot and it’s embarrassing how we don’t know any languages fluently (besides my high school French). We both have a little Spanish under our belt so we thought this would be the easiest language to start with. We are using the Pimsleur method to being our lessons.
I was also debating whether or not I wanted to have complete a triathlon or a 100 mile bike ride on my list but as of right now I’m a little burnt-out from doing races so I’m going to wait to see how I’m feeling. I have already signed up for the 10k and 10 miler so I’m committed to those but after that I’m going to assess how I’m feeling.
Hope everyone has a very Happy St. Patrick’s Day. My hubby and I met 8 years ago around St. Patrick’s Day (March 8th) so a little throw back (not Thursday) to 2009 when we were celebrating two years together and St Patrick’s Day at ShamrockFest in DC.