2013 was a good year. In 2013, I…
- Achieved my first ever A1C BELOW SEVEN (which was also a NY’s resolution-Check!)!!
- Ran my first 5k.
- Ran my first 8k.
- Ran my first 10k.
- Ran my first 10 miler.
- Ran my first half marathon.
- Completed my first triathlon.
- “Celebrated” 20 years with diabetes.
- Received recognition from the Best of the ‘Betes Blogs in June, July and August.
- Celebrated my first anniversary of my blog.
- Discovered Insulindepdence and Diabetes Sisters and had my first ever meet ups with fellow diabetics.
- Completed a clean eating challenge that encouraged healthier habits that I’m continuing on today.
- Raised over $600 for JDRF’s Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Participated in Diabetes Blog Week, DSMA Blog Carnivals each month and Day of Diabetes.
- Read 47 books (FORTY-SEVEN WHOA!).
- Lost 30 pounds (as of my last “weight” post I had lost 20 and I’ve since lost another 10).
- Traveled a lot (Whistler/Seattle in March, Beach Week in May, Baltic Sea cruise in July).
- Decreased my Diet Coke habit down to only one per day!! (this was another one of my NY’s resolution).
According to WordPress, my top 5 articles in 2013 were:
- Recipe-Tandoori Chicken Kabobs
- How to Get Carelink Software to Work on a Mac
- Getting Old Sucks and Health Issues with Diabetes
- A1C-It’s Just a Number
- 10 Day Clean Eating Challenge
While it wasn’t always easy and I definitely hit some challenges and tough times, I’m going to remember 2013 as the year that I became a runner-an athlete and the year I got my A1C Below Seven! Here’s to 2014 and what I hope to be an even better year!