On January 1st, I made a list of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2013. Since we are halfway though the year, I thought I would check in to see how I’ve been doing and also update the list for the second half of 2013. Here are what my goals were:
- Drink less Diet Coke (or even stop drinking it all together)
- Keep up with running 3 times a week
- Start doing another type of workout 2 other times a week-weights, swimming, workout class, etc.
- Walk my dog twice a day-I get lax sometimes with this since we have a nice big backyard but she still loves her walks (photo of her after a long walk below)
- Blog three times per week-goal is M,W,F
- Get my A1C BELOW SEVEN
Well, I went to the endocrinologist today so I will find out if I have achieve my goal of getting my A1C Below Seven shortly (they said next week because of the holiday. I’m honestly not sure if I will be there. I have definitely been trying hard, but I have had a lot more highs than I would like. Last time I had my A1C checked it was 7.6 so I have had a little ways to go to get it down.
I haven’t stopped drinking diet cokes, although I have managed to limit myself to two a day (versus three before). I still need to work on that.
I have been running three times a week so I’ve done good there. Back in April-June when I had my gym membership, I was going to lift weights three times a week and doing the Body Flow classes and Cycle classes so I think I also achieve goal #3.
I haven’t really walked my dog much. She loves exploring in our big backyard, so we end up letting her out there most of the time. She is just an 11 pound shih tzu so she doesn’t require a ton of exercise…must improve on this though.
I have been doing a good job of blogging. I always have so many ideas and thoughts in my head on things to write about that I have no idea how I never started a blog before now. The first few months of the year, I wasn’t writing a lot but it has steadily increased. And I found out yesterday, I won the Best of ‘Betes award in June for my Stir-Fried chicken recipe, so that was very exciting :).
So overall I think I’ve done OK with my New Year’s Resolutions. If I were to make new goals for the second half of 2013 it would be these:
- Complete a Spring Triathlon (scheduled for August)
- Complete Army Ten Miler (in October)
- Complete a Half-Marathon (possibly one in November)
- Join gym in August and get back to weight training three times per week and cycle class/Body Flow class
- Drink less diet coke (one of these days…)
- Finish reading all the books I have on my to-do list
- Continue making friends in the DOC and hopefully join in a conference or meet-up
- Get my A1C Below Seven!!! (crossing my fingers for my results from today’s doc visit)
It’s funny how my goals have become so much more fitness related. I was a couch potato at the beginning of the year (well I had completed about 4 weeks of the C25K program) and now I’m contemplating signing up for a half marathon! My main goal is still the A1C. My hubby and I want to have babies soon, so I need to really try hard the next few months to get my blood sugar numbers under good control.
Below are a few photos from the first half of 2013, not a bad years so far 🙂